My son came home from school with the song My Favorite Things running through his head. He wanted to clarify some of the wording so we sang it. That’s all it took for that tune to stick in my mind for the rest of the day.
My heart was full of gratitude and I just had to share with you some of things that make me feel truly blessed.
Here is Part I in my list of favorite things; things that enrich my soul and delight my heart:
- Whiskers on kittens – I love how they can be three different colors all on one whisker. (As I said before, I have the song running through my head.)
- My kid’s eyes. Blue, deep and beautiful.
- The feel of fresh clean sheets.
- Reading a book on a snowy day.
- Sitting by a stream in the Rocky Mountains.
- Looking for animal shapes in the clouds with the kids.
- The smell of newborn babies.
- The giggle of a six month old baby.
- Baby feet.
- The sound of crunching leaves in autumn.
- The flame of a candle.
- Finding rusty objects to use in art.
- Homemade chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles.
- Christmas lights.
- The beauty of freshly fallen snow in a field full of trees.
- The sound of snow when you walk on it.
- The smell of oranges and grapefruits.
- Camping and waking up refreshed after breathing fresh mountain air.
- Old ceiling tiles.
- The blue patina of oxidized copper.
- Good photography.
- Granny smith apples.
- Carmel covered granny smith apples.
- Crusty bread dipped in balsamic vinegar and good olive oil.
- Hot cocoa with a squirt of carmel flavoring, a dollop of whipped cream, and a dusting of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Finding a movie theater right next to my hotel room, and time on my hands for a show.
- Snickerdoodle cookies – but only those like my families recipe. Can’t stand the store bought.
- Little kids in blue denim overalls.
- Christmas decorations.
- Shabby chic.
- An afternoon nap without interruptions.
What about you?
What are a few of your favorite things?
Share this with your friends!