SEEKING MEAL PREP ASSISTANT
Leisa Watkins is looking for someone to assist with family meal preparations by preparing freezer meals for a family of four.
- Prepare a variety of main dishes for a family of four suitable for freezing. (Non-dairy & mostly Paleo or Whole30), two times a month.
- Prepare 14 days of lunch meals, for four people, with each meal individual packaged. (Also suitable for freezing – some may contain dairy).
- Package and label each of the meals with final meal prep instructions.
- If possible, freeze the meals before pick-up. (Some recipes will require it).
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Be an excellent cook, with plenty of meal prep experience.
- Be knowledgable about safe food handling procedures.
- Have the skills to follow a recipe that she/he is not familiar with.
- Use time wisely to prepare meals quickly (example, chop all vegetables at once).
- Have experience in preparing healthy freezer meals, with knowledge of what freezes well and what doesn’t.
- Recommend meals based on families unique dietary needs.
- Be willing to create or amend weekly menus as requested due to sale or seasonal items.
- Be willing to shop for supplies (with additional compensation) if requested in the future.
- Have a clean home and prep area.
- Have no pets (due to family allergies).
- Be willing to trade meals supplies (for the same meals being prepped) for a couple or smaller family in exchange for for their services. In order words, be willing to prepare four meals for us while preparing the meal for you and a spouse. You provide your own meal packaging. Non-picky eaters would therefore be the best candidate. We particularly enjoy ethnic foods and love a lot of different types of foods.
- Work will be done in your own home, making it ideal for a young mother who could use a boost to their grocery budget or income without leaving home. Ingredients, and supplies (see below) will be dropped off and meals pick-up. Location in south Salt Lake County preferred.
- Drop-off will generally about the 5th of each month (unless it falls on a weekend or we are out of town.) Pick-up date negotiable.
- You will be provided with the menus, recipes, and the primary ingredients for the meals. Everyday, simple, and inexpensive ingredients like salt and pepper may not be included. Please feel free to share your favorite recipes for your and I may end up including them in the menu.
- Generally, you will be supplied a few primary ingredients. For example, one time you may be supplied with a eight whole chickens, and five pounds of ground beef and tasked with preparing a variety of dishes using those chickens.
- As a general rule, you will be asked to make several of the same meal (usually four) to allow for increased speed. It is easier, faster, and more cost effective to prepare four of the same dish than it is to prepare four different dishes.
- Ingredients, foil pans, and freezer bags, will be supplied.
- You will need to clearly label each dish with the title of the dish and the final prep instructions.
- Submit a bid for your services as an independent contractor.
- Successful applicants will be asked to prepare one meal (with compensation) and final selection will be made from that pool of applicants.
- Must provide a social security number. You will be provided an 1099 (Misc. Income) for tax purposes.
SUBMIT A BID
Please submit a bid for your services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creative bids considered: I am willing to consider trading meals supplies (for the same meals being prepped) for a student or couple in exchange for for prep services. In order words, you someone would prepare four meals for us while preparing the same meal for you and a spouse. You provide your own meal packaging, I provided all the meal ingredients in trade. In that scenario, non-picky eaters would therefore be the best candidate. We particularly enjoy ethnic foods and love a lot of different types of foods.